Category Archives: Uncategorized
The Information Technology industry is a highly volatile one. Latest cutting-edge technologies become obsolete within a matter of months. It is mainly due to the advancement in the fields of technology on a regular basis. But it is quite unfortunate for the people who work for numerous IT services companies around the globe. For example, people who have been working as C++ developers are now facing uncertain future as the advent of JAVA and other programming languages have replaced C++. Similarly, the future is not rosy for old BAAN ERP and LotusNotes database consultants. The same, however, cannot be said about the thousands of SAP consultants. SAP has been around for decades and there are still no signs of them slowing down anytime soon.
There are some great reasons why you can and should choose becoming an SAP consultant as a career. They are as follows:
- It is one of the two biggest players in the ERP software market. Other than Oracle ERP, there are not many ERP solutions that can threatened SAP, not even Microsoft’s ERP solution. The number of companies that have implemented SAP solutions is very hard to figure out and there are new companies signing up every day.
- The number of modules SAP provides and supports are increasing with every year. Each business has a number of different modules such as MM, PS, SD, APO, QM etc. With time, they have differentiated some larger modules into several smaller ones such as MM into PM, PP etc. This has opened up new job opportunities for people and allowed them to become consultants in the line of work they are most comfortable in.
- The amount of new modules being released by SAP is not very less either. For example SAP recently upgraded from Business Rule Framework to Business Rule Framework + or BRF+. This is a solution which is dedicated to replicate and automate all the rules and policies existing within an organisation. It also captures financial rules such a tax rules, insurance policies etc. Similarly, recently a newer version of EH$S M or Environment, Health and Safety Management was released. This module captures all incidents and their implications within an organisation workplace. This is a thriving new module in want of skilled new consultants.
- new tools, techniques and products are always coming out from SAP. The best example should the SAP HANA. It is a solution that provides a huge cache for database which speeds up the processes amazingly. It is cloud based solution which can be used as a stand alone application platform as well. People have started to train themselves in HANA and soon it will create large job opportunities.
- The technical consultants or ABAP developers constantly have new tools and techniques to play with. All the new solutions coming out from the stable of SAP mean that there is no chance of redundancy anytime in the future as far as the technical consultants are concerned. Older more experienced ABAP-ers can learn new techniques and move on to new career opportunities while fresh batches of developers take their place. It is an ongoing endeavor.
So it should be clear by now that SAP is by no means stagnant and you can give your career a boost if you decide to embrace SAP as a career option. You can get a training from a certified SAP training partner and you should be set. All the best!