Category Archives: Career
Many people believe that earning money from internet while working from home is not possible. This belief is often fueled by some articles that suggest that almost all online money making schemes are scams. Yes there are a lot of hidden dangers and pitfalls lurking in the internet but if approached properly, earning money by working online is very possible. Here I will present some of the best and safest way to make money online. There are plenty of people already doing it in a legitimate way and plenty will do in the future. If you want to be one of those people, keep reading.
It is a great way to earn money. The best thing about online freelance writing or content writing is that your earnings are directly proportionate to your skills and efforts. Good writers can easily make 5 to 10 USD per 500 words. if you put in the long hours and write 15 – 20 articles each day then earning 100 USD per day is quite easy. Not bad right?
There are many websites out there that connect employers with freelance writers. The topics can be anything. If you work well and satisfy your clients then long-term work is almost guaranteed. Always remember that there are more writing jobs on the internet than there are quality writers. Do a web search and choose a good legitimate website. Create your profile there, list your skills and start bidding for projects. Some websites provide almost 20 USD per article but require equally good quality of writing.
2) By Starting And Maintaining A Blog
Blog or Weblog was started to allow people keep an online journal of their thoughts and interests. But it has evolved greatly over the last decade and currently blog is one of the most powerful sources of information. Many people write blogs and some of the sites become very popular. Once a blog gets popular, it can rent some of its page space for advertisements and earn money through them.
There are companies that will post some links on your blog at random positions based on keywords. If any reader clicks the links while reading the blog, they generate money for you. If your blog has a good number of ardent followers then it can be a profitable move. Usually you will not have to pay anything in order to get those links in your blog.
3) By Implementing Google Adsense
You must have seen some websites where Google ads relevant to the content of the website are shown on its pages. Well, that is Google Adsense for you. Adsense is as legitimate as it gets when it comes to earning money from your website or your blog. But their policies are quite strict. Read them thoroughly and if you believe your blog qualifies the requirements, go for it. Once implemented, it will surely generate some money on a regular basis.
4) By Selling Handcrafted Goods On The Internet
If you have knack for handcrafting different things then online selling might be the right option for you. Many people make soaps, toys, greeting cards and other stuff at home. By creating a website or renting a webpage, you can create a virtual store for your products. You will be amazed at how many people might want to buy your products.
The website will also work as a promotional tool so that your neighbors and town folk get to know about your skills. Unless you establish a home delivery and payment system on your website, they will be the main people buying your products. Alternately, you can open a boutique or a small fast food takeaway joint at your home and take the orders online. In both the cases, the earnings should be quite good.
5) By Taking Online Surveys
This is bit of a risky prospect. There are innumerable fake and fraud survey sites out their and finding the legitimate ones can be as hard as finding needle in a haystack. Research properly and whatever website you choose, make sure to cross check about them before you start working.
The amount of money per survey can be very low but if you work ardently and fill out some surveys every day, at the end of the month you will definitely have something to show for. This is not a bad way to earn online money as the effort you need to provide is very less. You can easily do the surveys even if you have a day job and a family life.
6) By providing Backlinks
Every website requires backlinks (links from other websites to its pages) to woo the search engines. Building backlinks is a natural process and can take months or years. Some websites take an alternate way and pay other site owners to provide backlinks for them. They may also want to pay in terms of reciprocal backlinks but since we are talking about money here, let’s stick to that. Depending on his desperation level, you can earn a fair amount of money from these links. For example if it is a product website and the owners are desperate for visibility, they might be ready to pay a good sum for each link.
Be careful about the placements of those links. Always try to put the links in pages where content of your webpage matches the content of the target webpage. Putting the links for cancer treatment on a page about vacuum cleaners is not a smart move. Search engines look down upon such things and may ban your website.
7) By Writing Product Reviews
There are newbie authors and product manufacturer companies out there looking for good reviews on their products. If you stick around the freelance writing websites long enough, you will definitely find a few of these projects. All the employers want you to do is to log on to a certain website and write a glorious review about their products. Once again, based on the desperation, they might provide good bucks for a few lines of praise from you.
8) By Clicking Links
There are websites called Aurora websites that pay people to click on certain links on a webpage. The mechanics behind how they earn money from the clicks is complicated and none of your concern. All you need to do is find such a website, get registered, start clicking on links and get paid at the end of the month or week. Once again it involves very less effort so the payments are less too.
These are just some of the ways to make money online. There is a lot of money internet can generate for you provided you have the correct know-how. I hope this busts the internet myth that online making is a scam. Do not forget to read my blog about “Home Based Businesses Can Be An Amazing Source Of Income”. All the very best for your online money earning ventures!
This article is mainly targeted towards those of you who are in high schools or colleges at the moment. Most of you must be contemplating about your career at this point and many of you may have already made up your minds. In this Information Technology driven world, I would not be surprised at all if quite a few youngsters end up choosing the career of a software engineer. Usually, the main driving force behind this decision is peoples’ love for computers. But being a software engineer myself, I would like to share some of the potential pitfalls of the I.T. industry.
1) First of all, the things we do on the PC while we are just entertaining ourselves are completely different from the things you will have to do as a software engineer. After you join a company, you will be trained on different technologies and for the most part of your career you will be working on those technologies only. Sometimes there will be opportunities to switch your specialties but these chances present themselves pretty rarely. So unless you can handle working on the same thing day in and day out for years, the IT industry is not for you.
2. Unlike the jobs in the manufacturing or retail domains, I.T. jobs most of the times do not have fixed in and out times for every day. No matter how early you finish your work, something can and will come up just before you leave for the day. If you are developing a code or creating a tool for the client, it is your responsibility to keep it running perfectly. So, if your tool goes down near the end of the day and if the downtime hampers client’s business, you must fix the issue before leaving even if it takes the whole night. This is the primary reason behind the saying that software engineers cannot enjoy good family lives.
3. When it comes to increments and promotions, I.T. industry is among the worst. In companies of other domains, there is often a proper organizational structure which tells you the posts you can acquire as you gain experience and also which people in your department are in competition with you as far as promotions are concerned. But in I.T., you will barely have any idea about when you will get promoted, how much increment you will get or which designation you will be promoted to. At times you may not be promoted even after having all the necessary credentials and at times you might witness other people surpassing you even though you work harder than them. I do agree that these things happen in every industry but in I.T. these practices are more prevalent.
4. The software industry is a client oriented one. Every step you take will be to satisfy the customer and ensure inflow of future business from them. You will mostly have to work with overseas clients. In order to have meetings with them over phone, you must stay in the office during their work time. Even if that means being on call at 11 PM in the night, you will have to. There is no way you can do things according to your wish. Sometimes you might have to do things the hard way just because the client said so even though if there might be easier ways to accomplish the task.
5. Sometimes your increments and perquisites will depend on the performance of the whole business unit instead of your own. Software companies usually segregate their clients into separate business units to manage them better. There can be business units or verticals like Consumer Goods, Manufacturing, and Retail etc. So if you are working for a Retail company and performing extremely well, your growth can still get impacted if the Retail vertical as a whole did not perform well in the last quarter.
These details are no way intended to terrorize you or keep you away from being a software engineer. These are just some pointers that you need to know beforehand so that you get to know what you will be getting yourself into. Many people join the I.T. industry each year and enjoy a fulfilling career. So if you think you have what it takes to be a software engineer, by all means go for it.